The Budweiser Clydesdales return to downtown Fort Myers on Saturday as grand marshals.
This year's grand marshals are:
• Matlacha novelist Robert Macomber – The award-winning and internationally recognized Macomber is the author of the “Honor Series,” which follows the adventures of fictional naval officer Peter Wake from the Civil War through 1908. His latest novel, “Honorable Lies,” came out in October. Macomber lectures around the world and serves as a defense consultant for various government and military organizations.
• The Kincardine Scottish Pipe Band – This Canadian pipe band has made music every summer night in Ontario since 1948. Followed by a throng of tourists and locals, it leaves Victoria Park at 8 p.m., marches down Queen Street and then returns to the park for its performance.
• Edison impersonators Jan and Jamie Magirl – The Cape Coral couple portray Thomas Edison and his wife, Mina, at The Edison and Ford Winter Estates.
• Ross Chastain – The Alva resident and Riverdale High graduate is a rising NASCAR star who’s been racing since age 12. Chastain, 20, is ranked in the top 10 for The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, where he races a pickup truck sponsored by The National Watermelon Association.
• Budweiser Clydesdales – The famous Scottish horses stand 6 feet tall and weigh about a ton. They’re all geldings with reddish brown coats, four white “stockings,” black manes and tails, and a blaze of white on the face. The eight-horse team will arrive in Fort Myers in three 50-foot-long tractor trailers.
Honorary Grand Marshal
Maggi Feiner – Feiner was voted as The People’s Choice honorary grand marshal for her work as executive director of Friends in Service Here (FISH). That Sanibel Island agency helps needy residents with transportation, meal delivery, health equipment and emergency financial aid. Feiner isn’t on the payroll. She volunteers as many as 60 hours a week there.