Thomas Chou of DaRuMa. / The News-Press file photo
• Sunset Grill (6536 Pine Ave., Sanibel; 472-2333; sunsetgrillsanibel.com): A mom herself, chef Amy Visco Schmicker feels parents’ pains and assuages them with local grouper fingers and buttery pasta for just $7.95.
• Roy’s Restaurant (Bonita Springs and Naples; roysrestaurant.com): Don’t let the chic setting fool you, Roy’s accommodates kids and knows what it takes to keep them happy (pre-dinner snacks, crayons, kids menus with parent-approved prices).
• Pho Vinh (601 Del Prado Blvd. N., Cape Coral; 829-0343; phovinh1.com): Kids will love the crunchy summer rolls. Parents get steamy bowls of Vietnamese pho to be doused in Sriracha.
• DaRuMa (south Fort Myers, Naples; darumarestaurant.com): You can sup on some of the area’s freshest sushi while the hibachi chefs entertain little Madison with onion-ring volcanos.
• Barnhill’s Seafood Spot (4597 Pine Island Road, Matlacha; 558-8052; facebook.com/seafoodspot): Mom gets the fried-oyster BLT topped with brie. Junior gets a fat burger or basket of Gulf shrimp.