George Zimmerman says he would change a lot about the night he killed Trayvon Martin, but not what you might expect.
Tasheekia Perry prays for local law enforcement officers at a community prayer service Thursday at the Dunbar Community School in Fort Myers, Fla. More than 150 people attended the vigil held in remembrance of Fort Myers homicide victims.
Learn about the three nominees for Person Of The Year, an annual honor awarded by The News-Press.
Philanthropist and community volunteer John Sheppard is The News-Press Luminary Award winner for 2016 People of the Year.
The News-Press named three finalists for each award in its annual 'People of the Year' program. Meet the nominees.
Did we catch you at the parade? In the parade? Enjoy a quick look at the Edison Parade of Light.
A quick look at the fireworks show at the end of the parade. Because of rain, the fireworks were moved to the end of the parade.
Speedsters running club stopped before the end of the Edison 5K to cheer on other runners.
It's hard to believe Richard Ledgerwood survived this washout with just a scratch.
William Larry Swilling walked for miles under the hot sun wearing a sign that read "Need kidney 4 wife." It worked. She got a new kidney and lease on life, until now.
The Minnesota Twins' spring training open house is Sunday, Feb. 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Hammond Stadium in south Fort Myers. A health fair, on-field baseball clinics, half price concessions and prizes highlight the annual event.
Red Sox pitcher, Chris Sale, talks about being back and how he feels now playing for Boston.
In an afternoon press conference Red Sox manager John Farrell talks about Sale and left handed pitchers.
Bury Me Brewing is one of the dozen-plus breweries in Southwest Florida featured in The News-Press’ Behind the Brewery (BTB) series. BTB reveals the origins and unique features of each brewery.
While President Donald Trump played golf with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, White House reporters had quite a different view.
'I saw her crying, so I held her hand so she could run fast,' said Kaylee Jones, 5, about helping Kamilliah Rice, 5, finish the Edison Festival of Light Fun Run in 2014. This year's run is Sunday, Feb 12. Video by Kinfay Moroti/news-press.com.
Bishop Verot High School's Viktor Beach signs a national letter of intent to play football at Purdue University. Beach and his family celebrated the accomplishment Wednesday at Bishop Verot in Fort Myers.
Kilauea, the most active volcano in Hawaii, spews molten rock from its Kamokuna ocean entry at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Raclette, the gooey cheese made famous by Facebook, has found its way to Southwest Florida thanks to the Sweet Cheesus food truck.
Protests flared as President Trump's executive order blocked refugees from entering U.S. airports, including travelers who already had valid visas.
If you need a relaxing moment, spend a few seconds with this friendly dolphin splashing around a see-through canoe.
\u0022I’m prepared to talk about it (Holocaust) until the day I die,” says Celia Rubin, whose father, Benjamin Rubin, survived Nazi concentration camps and immigrated to the United States in 1949. Rubin died in 1998. Celia shares her remembrance.
Fort Myers Police Officer Detective Jose Gomez joined fellow officers recently at a community outreach event aimed at bridging the gap between police and communities of Southwest Florida.
Fort Myers Police Officer Domonic Zammitt joined fellow officers recently at a community outreach event aimed at bridging the gap between the police and communities of Fort Myers. FMPD's next outreach event is March 30.
Donald Trump couldn't help but move along to the music at his Make America Great Again Welcome Concert. Critics couldn't help but comment.
Dan Makowski lives in Cape Coral and works in Bonita Springs as a security guard. He ponders the fate of his health insurance and life under a Donald Trump administration.
Lakes Regional Library will hold its annual “BIG BOOK SALE” sale Saturday at the library in south Fort Myers. DVDs, CDs and books on CD will also be for sale. Prices range from 50 cents to $5. The sale is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Kenneth Feld, Chairman and CEO of Feld Entertainment, gave a media briefing at Feld Entertainment Studios on the closing of ￼Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus.
“You have to believe in yourself,” says Dani Dease on singing the national anthem. Dease, who has performed the anthem throughout Southwest Florida, offers insight into delivering a memorable rendition.
These items are a few of the items that never made it onto a SWFL airplane in November.
- George Zimmerman: I was a victim
- Passionate prayer for law enforcement officers uplifts community
- People Of The Year: The Three Finalists
- People of the Year: 2016 Luminary Award
- People of the Year: Meet the nominees in every award category
- Edison Parade of Light: the parade in just over 3 minutes
- Edison Festival of Light : Fireworks
- Edison 5K: Superhero Speedsters stop to cheer other runners
- Submerged driver credits survival to flashlight and God
- Wife who got kidney after husband's viral campaign dies
- MLB Spring Training: 'Cutie ball' to return to Twins open house?
- Red Sox pitcher Chris Sale is excited to be back in SWFL
- Red Sox manager John Farrell talks about Sale, left handed pitchers
- Behind the Brewery: Bury Me Brewing is alive and hopping
- Reporters traveling with Trump blocked by black plastic
- 'Take my hand.' Edison Festival of Light memories
- Hard work makes 'fake' letter of intent real. Bishop Verot's Viktor Beach chooses Purdue
- Lava flows like fiery waterfall from Hawaii volcano
- Oh so cheesy: Raclette is ooey gooey delicious
- Protests erupt at U.S. airports over refugee ban
- This baby dolphin will brighten up your day
- Forever remembered: Holocaust survivor's daughter continues father's legacy
- Seeking trust: Police need the help of witnesses now more than ever
- Seeking trust: Police officer and driver safety key in traffic stops
- Trump dances, Internet notices
- Dan Makowski ponders the first year with Trump
- Spend less. Read more. Library book sale to help kids.
- Why the Circus is closing: Kenneth Feld
- Singing the national anthem: Words, breathe, confidence
- TSA: These items never made it onto a SWFL airplane