Pablo Martinez won a Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest Saturday in Estero, Fla. Martinez ate 25 hot dogs and qualified for the Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Contest at Coney Island in New York on July 4.
Ian Brown knew just what to do when he saw his classmate choking during lunch at Central High School in La Crosse, Wisconsin. He learned the Heimlich maneuver as a police explorer with the local police department.
The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library released rare footage of the 31st president. The most striking thing about it is it's all in color!
When this baby wouldn't stop crying, Dad handed him a shirt from Mom's laundry basket. The 3-month-old instantly calmed down after recognizing his mom's smell.
Judd Rambo's car was no match for golf ball-sized hail.
The interior of penthouse 2201 at the Seasons at Naples Cay. The living space totals 13,000 square feet and has five bedrooms and five full baths. The penthouse, located at 81 Seagate Drive in Naples, Fla., recently sold for $14,750,00.
Some experts say the key to living happily ever after could be limiting your kids' exposure to their favorite princesses.
One year after Lee Health went on a hiring and bonus spree to attract highly trained nurses, the public hospital system’s demand for good workers continues to climb. Lynn Demos works as a medical coder for them from the comfort of her home.
Southwest Florida CrossFit athletes compete in the worldwide CrossFit Open competition. Top athletes from each geographic region earn a spot in the CrossFit Games in August. The final workout is March 24.
Three classic Monopoly game pieces are getting the boot. Hasbro announced the replacements ahead of World Monopoly Day.
According to a CNN report, Fox anchor Sean Hannity pointed a gun at political analyst Juan Williams after an on-air debate in October. Both Hannity and Williams took to Twitter to downplay the incident.
If you want to know how much snow Winter Storm Stella has dumped on New York, you just need to look at the toys on Ron Murphy's back porch.
A Bethesda, Maryland hardware store owner pushes snow in unique style. David Goldberg's handmade contraption, Loo-cy, comes complete with toilet paper holder, magazine basket and salt shower.
Florida Gulf Coast University players celebrate being selected Sunday to play Florida State University in the first round of the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball tournament on Thursday, March 16 in Orlando.
\u0022We're moving forward,\u0022 Fort Myers Police Chief Derrick Diggs said recently of the Freeh Group report that outlines a toxic culture within the department.
Watch 20 seconds of a LaBounty shear 3000 attachment on a 345-B Cat, clamp on and prepare to crush the second level of the press.
A researcher demonstrates how hard the wind was blowing at New Hampshire's Mount Washington Observatory. Even with triple-digit wind gusts, observers have to brave the elements to deice their tower. Don't try this at home.
Over 100 people marched Wednesday through downtown Fort Myers in support of International Women’s Day. The rally featured speeches by local activists and was presented by The People’s Freedom Defenders of Southwest Florida.
When University of Central Arkansas police officers pulled over a student driving with a broken tail light, they didn't expect this.
Chris Archer of the Tampa Bay Rays talks about what it means to be on the team and why its important to America.
Greater Cincinnati Firefighters have been invited back to the big stage of the Lani Kai for their 30th year performing during Spring Break. Proceeds go to the Araba Shriners of Fort Myers transportation fund.
Congressman Francis Rooney (R-19) talked after his town hall meeting in Cape Coral.
The Department of Homeland Security held explosive detection training for police dogs Friday at JetBlue Park in south Fort Myers. K-9 teams from throughout Florida performed odor recognition tests and searches of the park.
A quick-thinking officer sprang into action when a man started swinging a bat at a police station. The man was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and resisting arrest. He was taken to a medical center for treatment and evaluation.
Michael Martin speaks with Thyrie Bland, higher education reporter at The News-Press. On Tuesday (2/28/2017), FGCU's Board of Trustees asked Martin to be the next president at Florida Gulf Coast University.
George Zimmerman says he would change a lot about the night he killed Trayvon Martin, but not what you might expect.
Tasheekia Perry prays for local law enforcement officers at a community prayer service Thursday at the Dunbar Community School in Fort Myers, Fla. More than 150 people attended the vigil held in remembrance of Fort Myers homicide victims.
Learn about the three nominees for Person Of The Year, an annual honor awarded by The News-Press.
Philanthropist and community volunteer John Sheppard is The News-Press Luminary Award winner for 2016 People of the Year.
The News-Press named three finalists for each award in its annual 'People of the Year' program. Meet the nominees.
- 'I'm with Pablo.' Star is born at Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest
- Watch freshman save choking friend with Heimlich
- See President Herbert Hoover like never before
- All this baby needs is his mom's dirty laundry
- Hail completely smashes car window
- Naples penthouse sells for record-breaking $14.7 million
- Playing princess may have real-life consequences
- Lee Health Medical Coders Commonly Work From Home
- CrossFit athletes power Friday Night Lights and community
- Monopoly, as we know it, is changing
- Sean Hannity denies pointing gun at Fox analyst
- Time-lapse video playfully captures Stella's snowfall
- Man turns toilet into snow plow
- This 'dancing' moment! FGCU to take on FSU in NCAA tournament
- 'We're moving forward.' Fort Myers police chief embraces harsh department report
- The New-Press' press gets recycled
- See what it's like to face 100+ mph winds head on
- 'We must fight.' Millennial finds her voice at women's march
- Driver puts on a show after getting pulled over
- Team USA: Chris Archer on being on the team
- Greater Cincinnati Firefighters 30th year at Fort Myers Beach
- Congressman Rooney holds town hall meeting in Cape Coral
- \u0022Bad guys\u0022 beware: Science helps police dogs fight threats
- Cop tackles bat-wielding man outside police station
- Michael Martin is the next FGCU president
- George Zimmerman: I was a victim
- Passionate prayer for law enforcement officers uplifts community
- People Of The Year: The Three Finalists
- People of the Year: 2016 Luminary Award
- People of the Year: Meet the nominees in every award category